Crossroads of Humanity

Jan 16, 2013

Daily Inspiration

Where do you find your inspiration? That was the question posed by Kate Gould, editor of The "I" Word: Writers on Their Inspiration, where nearly 100 writers came together to share their sources of inspiration in 100 words or less.


What did I write, in 100 words or less? A simple question and a simple response every morning, lead to my daily dose of inspiration.

And now I'd like to pose the same question to you. Whether you are a writer, a painter or a poet. Perhaps you prefer to sketch in the margins of your notebooks, or you excel at needlepoint. Whatever your passion, be it singing, dancing or stand up comedy, where do you find your inspiration?

I find it whispered on the wind, soughing in the trees, cresting with the full moon.
I find it in my daughter's jokes and my students' seemingly random comments.
Words of inspiration are all around us.
All you have to do is be aware.
Listen with your ears and also with your heart.
Open up your mind to the endless possibilities that life provides.

No comments:

Post a Comment