Crossroads of Humanity

Jan 2, 2013

A dream achiever's mind

Today, I'd like to welcome KaNeshia Michelle to Crossroads of Humanity.



A dream achiever's mind

I ask the question - the same question with no deviation or play on words - will my ambition do more harm than good?

I have always been a person who says 'I want something' and never allowed much to get in the way of that. To achieve is a wonderful feeling, the achieving part is a bit of an uphill battle. To have a dream, to want that dream and to obtain that dream is harder than what we really think it is. It's like weight loss. To the public, we find ourselves gawking at the before and after and completely miss the 'in between' parts of the journey. I am a writer - I have always been a writer. Sometimes I pour over my old written stories - my attempts at story telling for the first time and my passion for poetry. I think the old work is horrible, but they're beautiful to me because I have grown so much since those starting years. Twelve years later, and I'm still at that starting point. I'm just better suited for the leap of faith.

This is when time starts to kick your butt a little. The older you get, the more life kinda gets in the way and starts to get complicated. We all seem to want to reflect back on the growing up years and think about how resilient we were. As children, we tend to take our dreams much too lightly - we know we can do it, and there isn't much that can be said to make us believe different. Anyone who goes out for a dream, whether it's a successful business, sports career or finding that perfect mate, there a strong sense of doubt that laces that dream like a silver lining to a cloud.

Can this happen?
Is this in the cards?
When is the stopping point?

With age, the line of doubt only grows.

I know nothing of the future. I do not know if my dreams will come true in the way I want them to, but that's okay. I have enough love and respect for my dream to never stop trying. Dreams do come with a mother-in-law called: Pain. You want it, you have to be willing to hurt for it. Writers are not skaters. We don't suffer broken bones when we've messed up or had our setback. Our broken bones come in a way of no sales, no reviews and not many fans coming your way - or simply someone saying that they like your work and would stop what they are doing to read you. This part is the pain of the operation of being a beginning author. It's all in fun, love and passion. Every bit of the journey is apart of that deeper part of you that has to be protected. If you love what you do, you work for it. You will respect your dream if you work for it. You will make sure your dream will never be taken away if you truly know what it felt like to grind - or plenty - a little for it.

This is my starting point. It's hard but it's worth it. If my novels never make it to a best selling list, I think I can be okay with that, and that's my safety net: I know that I tried.

My name is KaNeshia Michelle. I am a Indie Author.
My starting point is my collection called: So Thrilled.
So Thrilled has three titles: Ruck's Nightmare, The Chase and The Playmate.
These are my stories and I'm very proud of them.
Each piece of work tells me one thing - I'm trying.

KaNeshia is the author of:




Visit KaNeshia's blog: The Mind of a Story Teller

1 comment:

  1. What a very insightful look into a writers life. You're exactly right. that's just the way it is. And the fact that we're indie publishers makes us no less writers than those who are traditionally published, no less artists proud of our work.

    ReplyDelete