Crossroads of Humanity

Sep 4, 2012

Caution: Scientific Minds at Work!


People tend to think a lot of things that aren't true.

I love when we see thinking minds at work though.

True story...

My daughter has this little pink football that she wanted to go to sleep with one night. She asked, "Can I sleep with my orange ball?"

I said, "It's pink, and yes you may."

She insisted, "No, it's orange."

I tried to explain how in the dark, things loose their color.

Still she insisted that it was orange.

I said, "Here, let's turn on the hall light and you'll see that it's pink." (I didn't want to turn on the light in her bedroom because she was finally settling down.)

Still she said it was orange.

I said, "Okay, you may sleep with your orange football."

The next morning, the first thing she said was, "Oh look, now my ball is pink!"

I said, "It was always pink."

She said, "But with that light on, it was orange."

She then proceeded to take the ball into the hall and turn on the light. Then she said with surprise, "Oh, it's pink!"

She's only 3, and I'm so glad she's already testing her theories rather than simply believing what she's told. 

No comments:

Post a Comment