Crossroads of Humanity

Aug 22, 2012

Back to School!


With the beginning of another school year upon us, my author friend, Troy McCombs, asked me a wonderful question. I hope he won't mind if I share it with you, along with my response.

Troy: What would you rather do, write or teach? If they both paid the same, and the money was consistent?

Sarah: Hmm...good question. It's close!

Troy: I imagine that teaching is very rewarding.

Sarah: I'm glad to be away from the headache of the public sector for the time being. But the teaching part is great! Yes, very rewarding. And in both teaching and Indie writing, I've found people to be super supportive.

Troy: Cool.

Sarah: I'm not a morning person, but if I chose writing, my daughter would still get me up early...

Troy: LOL

Sarah: I guess I'd like to teach three days a week and devote three days to writing/editing/publishing/etc. And take one day off.

Troy: That sounds good.

Sarah: Yes, a nice balance.

No comments:

Post a Comment