Crossroads of Humanity

Sep 23, 2011

The Weekend

So it's finally here - two days off!  Note to self: I will not go into work this weekend.  Plus, I brought very little work home with me, and if I don't touch it that's awesome because we all need some free time, right?  Absolutely!

Free time is hard to come by for many Americans.  Has anyone else noticed that many people are being asked, bribed or coerced to spend more time working for less pay?  We're told that we all have to give, all have to make sacrifices, but I wonder about that...  In fact, I'll come right out and say it - I DISAGREE!  I think people are more productive in their work when they have the chance to relax on a daily and weekly basis.

I pledge to take some time to relax this weekend.  I will spend time with my family and friends.  I will spend time alone.  I will spend time working on my novel, reading a friend's novel, singing and dancing with my daughter...  I will do what I choose to do to relax so that when I reenter the work force on Monday morning, I am refreshed and ready to be productive.

Will you join me?

No comments:

Post a Comment